Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Big Stupid Tommy

OK - now I've stumbled onto Big Stupid Tommy via The Uncouth Sloth. I read this bit from Big Stupid Tommy and I knew I had to pass it on.

Quote: I went back out to the K-Mart. I was driving back toward Casa de Big Stupid Tommy, when I turned up into the shopping center with the movie theater in it. On a whim, just to see if anything was starting right then. Remembering my Waterboy experiences, I knew I was treading dangerous water, but I said to myself: "Self: We'll only go see a good movie, if it's starting in the next ten minutes."

It was 4:20, and the Passion of the Christ was starting at 4:30.

But before I could see the movie, I had to take a minute to weep for the future. I got behind a group of people roughly my age, who couldn't quite master the pronunciation of the title of the movie they wanted to see.

Hidalgo.

Now, I know it's not a word you'll run across every day. But it's not like it's that hard to sound out.

Hid-al-go.

They kept trying to buy tickets for something pronounced "Hide-a-go," and the ticket girl wasn't getting what they wanted. The lead of the little group finally got fed up after three tries, and pointed with a huff at theater #3, and said something along the lines of "the one with the horse."

When I got up to the window, I thought about struggling with the pronunciation of Christ, and then asking for the one with the crucifiction. End Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment