Friday, March 26, 2004

What Movie Had the Most Star Power

Have you ever seen a movie and thought to yourself - "wow there's a lot of stars in this ensemble cast"?

Last night Siverado was on Bravo and even though I have seen the movie a few times before - that's what I thought. I also got to thinking about Silverado and its star power vs. The Big Chill and A Fish Called Wanda (mostly because all three had Kevin Kline). In sabermetrics fashion - I decided to give each movie a Star Power Value (SPV). I added up the big movies a major cast member had (no TV movies allowed) and then added that sum together to get the movie's SPV. I only counted the top 7 roles in a movie with the idea that after that a part is mostly a cameo. (I used my judgement on what a "Big" movie was.)

Silverado - SPV - 37 (Kline 5, Glenn 7, Costner 7, Glover 5, Dennehy 7, Arquette 1, Goldblum 5)

The Big Chill - SPV 35 (Berenger 6, Close 8, Kline 5, Goldblum 5, Hurt 7, Place 2, Tilly 2 - Jo Beth Williams just missed the cut for this movie)

A Fish Called Wanda - SPV 20 - (Kline 5, Cleese 5, Curtis 4, Palin 5, Georgeson 1 - the rest of the cast was just bit parts)

So Silverado is the SPV champ so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment