Sunday, April 25, 2004

Don Vito Tom Coughlin?

If Mario Puzo were still alive - would he pen a sequel to The Godfather and name it The Grandfather? He could have Giants coach Tom Coughlin in the Brando role (Don Vito Coughlin?).

Just think of some of the made for order quotes:

Coughlin explaining to Snee how to deal with the media: "Never tell anyone outside the family what you are thinking!"

Coughlin's daughter: "My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.
Chris Snee: Do you know how naive you sound, Katie? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.
Coughlin's daughter: Oh? Who's being naive, Chris?"

Coughlin addressing the team: "Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

Coughlin: "Bill Parcell's a pimp. He never could've out-fought Jim Fassel. But I didn't know until this day that it was Joe Gibbs all along."

Coughlin: "I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men."

Coughlin: I like to drink wine more than I used to.
Chris Snee: It's good for ya, Pop.
Coughlin: Anyway I'm drinkin' more.

Coughlin addressing the press: "What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then these quotes would be yours this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you."

Chris Snee: "It's not personal. It's strictly business."

Coughlin addressing a meeting of NFC East coaches: "I'm a superstitious man , and if some unlucky accident should befall my son in-law, if he is to be cheap shot in the head by a defensive lineman, or be hit in the knees after the whistle... or to be struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and then I do not forgive. But with that said, I pledge, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made today."

No comments:

Post a Comment