Sunday, April 18, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some miscellaneous thoughs while I have my moring coffee....

The fact that Allen Iverson is Manny Ramirez's favorite NBA player worries me on some visceral level... Many people made a big deal out of Kevin (my real first name is James) Brown and Mike Mussina reaching 200 wins but 99 other people have also reached 200 wins. Yesterday, Manny Ramirez hit his 350th HR and only 68 other people have managed that feat. With 9 more HR - Manny will pass Yogi Berra and with 12 more he will pass Joe Dimaggio (which will put him 58th all-time)... I don't know what to think about this whole Mike Danton story. The only thing I'm sure of is that within 12 months it will be the basis for a Law & Order episode... Jamie Moyer is a wonder. Over the last three seasons he has gone 54-21 with an ERA under 3.40. Yesterday Moyer shut down the dangerous Texas Ranger offense allowing only 3 hits over 8 innings. Jamie Moyer is 41-years old... Interesting reading on Armed Forces re-enlistment numbers... Jeff Fassero is still pitching in the major leagues. It felt strange to type that... For some reason - the NFL draft holds no interest for me this year. I'll watch it but I sure won't spend any time before hand doing "what if" scenerios... I didn't spot any article by Dan Shaughnessy in the Boston Globe this morning. Maybe with the Red Sox winning the past two games against the Yankees in such easy fashion - the normally negative Shaughnessy doesn't know what to write about...

No comments:

Post a Comment