Friday, April 02, 2004

Questions I have (speak like Yoda I do)

I have two questions that have been churning in my head for the past day or so.

1. I think that teams with deep rotations and a good starting pitcher who gets placed as the number 3 (or 4) guy in the rotation has an advantage in match-ups during the season. This should result in the number 3 (or 4) guy getting more wins than he would have if he was the number 1 or 2 starter. (Think Loaiza last year.) This year I think Derek Lowe and Greg Maddux will probably do very good in wins due to being matched up vs. inferior starters. Now the best way to check this (I think) would be to check the historical run support and match it up to see if the top run support guys are also number 3 or number 4 starters (disproportionately). Does anyone know where I can find historical run support stats?

2. With Uggie Urbina being sent down for extended spring training / conditioning and with Franklyn German being sent to the minors - who will open up as the Tigers closer? This guy (who ever he is) could be a cheap fantasy baseball pick-up. Anyone know who the Tigers plan to go with?

Please either leave your info in the comments or send me an email at of4dad@hotmail.com.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment