Saturday, April 24, 2004

The Sports Guy

Hey I mentioned Bill Simmons earlier today and now I notice that he has a new column up over at ESPN.com. Simmon's column is mostly on the NBA and I have to admit that I completely forgot that the Celtics played a playoff game last night (that's something I never thought I would ever have happen - Larry, Red, and Russell - I hope you can forgive me).

Simmons had this gem in his column:

I found out that Lew Ford was white. Between him and Khalil Greene, it's been a banner season for the Reggie Cleveland All-Stars so far in 2004.

Time for another confession. I too had a "Holy crap! Khalil Greene is white?" moment. I too assumed that Lew Ford was black. It is things like this that made Simmons so well read in the first place. He often said what the average Joe was thinking. Today's (or was it yesterday's?) column is what we used to get all the time back when he was The Boston Sports Guy.

Another reason for me to like the Sports Guy is the fact that he too loathes Isiah Thomas. I firmly believe that Thomas will shortly be nicknamed as "The Worst" because whatever position he takes he immediately becomes "The Worst". Worst Commissioner (and last) of the CBA, Worst Coach in the NBA, Worst announcer on TV and now Worst GM in the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment