Friday, May 07, 2004

Air America Radio

It looks like Air America Radio may be folding (at the very least they are in deep financial water). The chairman and vice chairman have resigned and the Chicago Tribune is reporting that they missed payroll this week. While I am not surprised at the failure of Air America Radio - I am surprised at how fast it has failed. These developments leave me with three questions:

- I wonder how much Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo make per week? I wonder if it was their top heavy salaries that may have greatly contributed to the quick dissolution of the network. This may be an unfair observation because I don't know how much they make from Air America but I do know that people like Dr. Drew Pinski (Love Line) basically did his show for the first ten years as a public service and that Rush Limbaugh did not make much money while he built up his audience. Could it be that Franken and Garofalo's feeling of being entitled to large salaries was more important than their devotion to any of the causes they espouse?

- I wonder who the Air America Radio supporters will blame for the network's failure? God knows they won't look in the mirror and realize that nobody was interested in cries of Bush/Hitler and somehow blaming everything on "John Ashcroft's America." My guess is that they will blame the Zionist (seriously - you know that someone will come out of the Democratic Underground and blame this on the "Jews" or the "neocons". Sad to say - nobody who should know better on the left will speak out against such trash thinking).

- What happened to all the money George Soros was supposed to pump into this network?

No comments:

Post a Comment