Sunday, June 13, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Old friend Jeff Fassero is still pitching in the big leagues. In fact his 5.24 ERA is much better than either Sidney Ponson or Derek Lowe (or Bartolo Colon for that matter). Fassero looks even better when you consider his road ERA is just 3.09 (over 10.00 at Coors Field). Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't want Fassero on my staff - I just wanted to point out that he's still pitching and pitching better than many "stars"... If the Twins' Corey Koskie gets a hit - chances are it is for extra bases. So far this season 45% of Koskie's hits have been for extra bases (of course the flip side is that he is only hitting .247)... Raise you hand if you can remember Jose Offerman's hot start to begin the season. Jose is now just hitting just .222... I'm pretty shocked that the Boston Globe didn't subject us to an opus from Doris Kearns Goodwin on this weekend's Red Sox / Dodgers series...

No comments:

Post a Comment