Sunday, June 06, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some thoughts while I have my first cup of coffee...

Do you remember that Vin Diesel James Bond meets the Fast and the Furious movie xXx? It occurs to me that xXx would actually be a good nickname for Bartolo Colon - as in xXx(L)... The words for today are chunter and chunder. Chunter is British and means to mutter under ones breath. Chunder is Australian and means to blow chunks... Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban took in $92.6 million over the weekend making it the third largest boxoffice opening weekend ever behind only Spiderman and Shrek 2... Pride goeth before a fall. Do you think that maybe the Lakers didn't take the Pistons as seriously as they should have?... Stanley Cup Game 7 tonight. I won't predict who will win but I will predict that we get an overtime period... Ronald Reagan quote for the day, "Whatever else history may say about me when I'm gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears"... Tennis was big when I was in high school but today I couldn't name a single person I know that watched the French Open... Happy birthday to Heathcliff Slocumb who turns 38 today. Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek say "Hi"...

No comments:

Post a Comment