Sunday, June 20, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some observations while I enjoy my fathers day breakfast (which came to me in bed)...

I got an email last night from someone who promised "results so good you'll need new underwear". Now I assume this was a penis enlargement deal but it also could have been something so good that I shit my pants. Now we will never know because it went straight to the trash... Nice baserunning by David Ortiz in the 9th inning yesterday... Brett Tomko was supposed to pitch yesterday for the Giants. Everytime I see his name I wonder if he is related to the poker player Dewey Tomko... In case you missed it. Ortiz got thrown out trying to stretch a single in yesterday's game. The Sox were down two and Manny was up next. Even if Ortiz made it to second - the Giants probably would have walked Manny. These are things the FIRST BASE coach should have known and HE should have stopped Ortiz from stumbling into second... Wow - Paul Byrd makes his first start of the year for the Braves and he throws 7 innings of shut-out ball. This may be just the jump start the Braves need. (Just to remind everyone - Byrd won 17 games 2 years ago for the Royals but has been out since with Tommy John Surgery)... Devil Rays - 10 in a row! Am I right in saying that they Devil Rays haven't lost since the Lightning won the Stanley Cup?... Has anyone else had problems getting into either the Yahoo fantasy leagues or GMail the past two days?...

No comments:

Post a Comment