Sunday, July 04, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some thoughts while I have my first cup of coffee.

One of the rumors that was making the rounds was a Nomar to the Dodgers for a package centered around young stud pitcher Edwin Jackson (who had to be taken out of last night's start after just 2 innings because of an elbow problem).... Barry Bonds is slugging at an otherworldly clip of .794 but did you realize that Larry Walker is keeping pace with a .781 clip of his own?... OK first the Devil Rays won 12 in a row and now the Pirates have won 8 in a row. I have to think that the Red Sox have to have a streak like that coming too... Tampa Bay is just 4 games out in the Wild Card race but the Braves are 6 games out. Who could have guessed that before the season?... Remember what I predicted about Richard Hidalgo? I said that he would get hot for the Mets and force their hand into picking up his $15 million option for 2005. Well Hidalgo has 5 HR in the past 7 days. If that's not getting hot - I don't know what is... Marlon Brando - the Mo Vaughn of actors?... I thought this quote pretty much summed up how many from my generation viewed Brando, "By the time he made 1996's lacklustre "The Island of Dr. Moreau," Brando had given up trying to memorise his lines and had them read to him via a radio earpiece." Sorry but Brando just always seemed like a bad SNL skit to me... Today in 1939 Lou Gehrig gave his tearful "luckiest man alive" speech in Yankee Stadium...


No comments:

Post a Comment