Tuesday, July 13, 2004

SJ.com Update

It seems that when I now click on SJ.com - I get an AOL Hometown message saying "Sorry can't find that page."

It was earlier reported by 21 and Sterling_incognito / Mr. Plow that Webby posted the following message:
Temporarily down

Well, I received an e-mail from my hosting company telling me that SJ.com has become so popular they pulled the plug! What happened is the site has had so much traffic and was using so many of their system resources that we were crashing hundreds of other sites, they claim. I'm working to do whatever I can to get the site restored, but it might take awhile. So take a little time off and actually do some work! Your sports editor will appreciate it.

- Webby

So it looks like Webby will either have to spend some cake on a server and bandwidth of his own or find a new hosting company. Given the AOL message I think he's looking at the latter.

On another note - Webby sends greetings from his vacation.

EDIT: Guy_Incognito points out that the message is still there


No comments:

Post a Comment