Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Goodfellas discuss the Celtics / Lakers Trade



Jimmy Conway: You know, taking a look at this trade between the Celtics and Lakers - I would have to say Danny Ainge robbed Mitch Kupchak. Ainge gave up Chucky Adkins and Chris Mihm for two guys who create tons of cap room and a draft pick? Please.



Henry Hill: I really haven't been able to get into the NBA. You know why? No good nicknames. Take our crew. We have guys like Jimmy Two Times, who got that nickname because he says everything twice, like, "I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers."

These NBA guys today have names like The Answer? The answer to what? Why the USA won't get a medal at the Olympics? It used to be better. Remember Dominique? He was the Human Highligh Reel. That was a good nickname.

These guys are too worried about marketing. Fans should be allowed to give out the nicknames instead of having them picked by some sneaker company. That way Lamar Odom could be "Cheech". That mook Doug Christie from the Kings would be "Whipped". Kobe's new nickname would be "Room Service". Oh and Rick Fox - he would be "He Blew It" as in he was married to Vanessa Williams but "he blew it."



Tommy DeVito: You guys are looking at this thing all wrong. That Kupchak guy in LA - he can't operate like us. If he has a problem with a player or their contract - he can't just whack 'em the way we could. No, he has to play all these games. Face it - he didn't want either Rick Fox or Gary Payton because they are too old and over paid.

We whack guys with a gun. He whacked Rick Fox and Gary Payton with a piece of paper that said "You're Traded". Rick Fox would have hung on to his roster spot with the Lakers forever. Same deal with Payton. Now they both "retire" and Kupchak gets their roster spots without any blood on his hands.

Henry Hill: Hey Tommy that's pretty funny.

Tommy DeVito: Yeah, yeah - "I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you?" Henry - that was funny the first time around. Right now I'm getting pretty sick of the old "I make you laugh? I'm here to frickin' amuse you? What am I a clown" bit. Next time you bring it up - I'm gonna go home and get my frickin' shine box and whack you up side the head with it.

Jimmy Conway: Probably my favorite part of this whole deal is now the Celtics get to sign a good paisan like Tom Gugliotta. I can't remember the last time the Celtics had a guy with an Italian name.

Henry Hill: Yeah - now all Gugliotta needs is a good nickname.

No comments:

Post a Comment