Sunday, August 01, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

The New England Patriots have won two Super Bowls without what you would call true superstars. It is the team concept that is important to them and they are successful with that concept. The Red Sox just traded a superstar for the baseball equivalents of a Mike Vrabel and a Teddy Bruschi... OK - I'll say it! I never found Mia Hamm attractive... Playing half his games at Fenway Park - Orlando Cabrera could possibly hit 60 doubles in a full season with the Sox... Here's what Baseball America had to say about the four-team trade... I know I'm not the first person to point this out but the last time a New England team got rid of a superstar of Nomar's caliber - his name was Lawyer Milloy... Worth repeating, from Gordon Edes, "On June 9, the day Garciaparra was activated, the Sox were 34-23. They were 22-22 with him"... I don't want to sound like I'm throwing Nomar under the bus. I loved Nomar (notice the past tense) but I'm convinced that he didn't want to be here anymore and it's hard to love a player that doesn't share your passion for the team...

No comments:

Post a Comment