Friday, September 03, 2004

More Miscellaneous Thoughts

Did you know that the Red Sox have the third best record in baseball?... I'm disappointed that I missed Mitt Romney's speech the other night. Nobody has really mentioned it so I guess he didn't say anything too electric... Maybe I'm the only one who finds things like this interesting but Tony Clark's slugging percentage (.480) is more than double his batting average (.229)... My guess on Zell Miller - I think he helped the Republicans pick up a great deal of voters who consider themselves Democrats but are also members of the NRA... One of the reasons that the Rangers are fading from contention is because they have to start pitchers like John "Way Back" Wasdin and his 7.01 ERA... Start looking for big name Democrats and commentators to start speaking about "What the Kerry campaign did wrong" and making serious critical comments about Kerry as a person to avoiding going down with a sinking ship and trying to avoid the stench of failure that is emanating out of the Kerry campaign... The Dodgers will definitely win the NL West but is anyone really scared of a playoff rotation of Perez, Ishii, Lima and Weaver?... Barry Bonds, Jim Edmonds, Adam Dunn and Albert Pujols also have slugging percentages more than double their batting averages. Off the top of my head - I can't think of any other players that this would be true for...

No comments:

Post a Comment