Monday, October 04, 2004

MMQB Review

Here are the five things I think I think about today's Peter King Monday Morning Quarterback column:

1. The essense of Peter King - "I spread the iBook out and spew -- in between soft tacos, of course." The essense of Peter King Part II - "Key lime pie and the stadium PA guy shake me out of my drooling stupor."

2. Just a reminder - last week he was sticking up for Dan Rather:
"Most dominating lineman of his era,'' the NFL Network announcer intones about Lincoln Kennedy. That is one of the funniest lies I have ever heard in my life. Lying does not attract listeners, Park Avenue. That's been my experience, anyway. ...
3. Sports Illustrated pays him money to write things like this:
Coffeenerdness:

While Ichiro was tying and breaking the all-time hits record Friday in the Land of Espresso, I tied the all-time King record Friday, a busy work day for me, with four grande hazelnut lattes. Ichiro got an ovation for his feat. I hung my wired head for mine. That's eight espresso shots in one day. Might be time to acknowledge the disease.
America - what a country!

4. Pot - kettle. Kettle - pot:
Have you seen Sidney Ponson lately? Geez, he'd be overweight in Ted Washington's house. It's absurd. Have some pride, fella. How about this guy, who everyone in baseball thinks should be an ace, or at least a quality No. 2. He threw 215.2 innings and put 334 men on base. That is just pathetic. How long can a career last when you're putting 1.6 men per inning on base?
This is after King has talked about his soft tacos and four grande hazelnut lattes. Peter King - resident of casa de glass.

5. Second week in a row with no Mary Beth King mentions (although today included a quick Laura King mention).

Just for the record - people may get the idea that I don't like Peter King. I actually like him very much. When King talks football - there are few better. Sometimes King goes off on non-football tangents and offers up what is best called "drooling stupor" to use his own phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment