Tuesday, October 26, 2004

On the Road Again

Down in New York City - in the belly of the beast so to speak.

Yesterday I drove down and I happened to catch the Ameriquest Blimp Liberty ambling down from Boston on its way to St. Louis. The blimp must have been going about 50 mph tops. I saw it as it was passing over the George Washington Bridge about 4:00 - so it might be tight for it getting to St. Louis on time for tonight's game.

Lots of "Vote or Die" signs here in the city (especially around Times Square). That has to be one of the dumbest slogans ever thought of. It's insulting when you think of it (but that's the problem - the people who came up with the slogan didn't really think of it). If any Republican organization used a slogan like "Vote or Die" it would be hate speech (and it would also probably be in German - just kidding).

I'm spending my days at a trade show at the Javitts Center. There is also a Kosher Fest here at the Javitts and I'm going to have to check that out. The list of food vendors at the show is pretty impressive and just thinking about it is making me hungry.

Tonight I plan to catch Game 3 from the ESPN Zone in Times Square. I'll keep you posted.

GO RED SOX!



No comments:

Post a Comment