Friday, October 15, 2004

Red Sox / Yankees Game 3 Diary

OK - it's do or die tonight for the Red Sox and I have no worries. I fully expect them to win. If they lose tonight - then maybe I'll get apprehensive but I fully expect this series to head back to New York. I can't explain it. I'm just not worried.

I'm going to have to run out for a bit and will be listening to the pre-game on the radio and maybe the first inning at a pub next to my daughters dance studio but I'll leave you with two things to occupy your mind for a bit.

First a riddle. You have two coins in your pocket that total $.35 but one of them is not a dime. What two coins do you have in your pocket?

Second, check out Rich's Weekend Baseball Beat. He did a diary for game 1 - maybe he'll do another tonight (thanks to Joe for reminding me about Rich). I used to read Rich all the time but when he switched sites - I just lost touch. Bonus while I'm gone - (check out this picture.)

OK - I'm back and the game was postponed. I can tell you that it is just miserable out here. It is the cold October rain that can make living in New England miserable. Anyone stuck in the stands at Fenway prior to the game getting called was not a happy camper.

Speaking of campers - my wife is camping with the Girls scouts tonight. Hi honey. I'm nice and dry. How are you?

The answer to the riddle is, of course, a dime and a quarter. A quarter is not a dime and only one of the coins was not a dime. You'd be amazed at how many adults don't get this riddle right.

No comments:

Post a Comment