Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Sportsguy's Game 1 Diary

Here's Bill Simmons game 1 diary.

Here's mine.

OK - I'll say it! My diary is just as good. That's a damning indictment on the Sportsguy. I mean he gets paid for his - it should be better than mine by a wide margin but it's not.

I've said it before - Bill Simmons is the sportswriter equivalent of Bruce Hurst.

Hurst took big free agent money to leave Boston and go to California and was never the same. Simmons has been a weak imitation of himself ever since le affaire Kimmel.

It's like Sollozzo said in The Godfather, "The Don is slowing down. Ten years ago I never would have been able to get to him." I am now picturing Simmons growing tomatos in his Californian backyard scaring young readers with a piece of orange peel in his mouth. (OK - maybe this last bit only makes sense to me but that's OK because I don't get paid for this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment