Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Eric's Questions

Yesterday I answered the questions that Hugh Hewitt posed to gauge a reporter's bias - Eric at Off Wing Opinion linked to that post and came up with his own questions having to do with sports bias. Fair is fair - so I'm now going to answer the questions Eric came up with.

Who got your vote for starting National League catcher in the last five All-Star games? I'm an AL guy but I would have voted for Jason Kendall, Pudge Rodgriguez, Piazza, Piazza and Piazza.

Who is the greatest hockey player of all time -- Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr or Wayne Gretzky? I love Gordie Howe and being from Boston - you'd think I would defend Bobby Orr but the truth is that Gretzky is the greatest.

Who is the greatest athlete of all-time? If it a question of athletic ability - then Bo Jackson hands down.

Which player did a better job of elevating the play of his teammates than any other? Bill Russell. Gretzky and Larry Bird are close behind.

Who do you root for? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins, UMass, Holy Cross and Boston College.

Who do you hate? I don't "hate" any teams. I strive with none since none are worth my strife.

Ok, what players do you despise? Right now I would put Barry Bonds and Ron Artest on my shit list. All-time - Isiah Thomas and Ulf Samuelsson have a special place in hell reserved in my book.

What other sports personalities do you find annoying? Michael Kay and Tim McCarver. They make my ears bleed.

Who are your backup teams (the ones you root for when your favorites lose)? In football and hockey my roommate from college has Tampa Bay season tickets - so I've kinda adopted them. In baseball - I have friends in Atlanta and the Braves are always on TV.

The DH: Good or bad for baseball? I like the difference in leagues - so I guess I'm a DH guy.

The last meaningful hockey game at the elite level was played at the World Cup in September. With no NHL on the television, what are you watching these days? I could watch re-runs of the World Series of Poker or Slap Shot with the Hanson brothers commentary all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment