Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Miscellaneous Pedro Thoughts

- Yes the Red Sox had given Pedro a $92 million contract but let me say that for those seven years - he was worth every penny.

- I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fuck you Dan Shaughnessy. Pedro Martinez has brought a magnitude more happiness to this region then you could ever dream of. Dan you are nothing but a bitter ankle biter. As far as I'm concerned the only thing Red Sox fans are cursed with is your presence.

- Giving Pedro 4-years was a bad business decision. Yes. There is a good chance that Pedro could fail his medical exam because of his torn labrum. Yes. Pedro will pitch at least 700 innings at a sub 3.50 ERA over the next 4 years. Yes. Pedro will breathe life into Shea Stadium every day he pitches. Yes.

- I know that many will disagree but now that Pedro is gone - I put the 3-year $27 million offer to Derek Lowe back on the table. I think he will greatly improve if the Sox upgrade at short, re-sign Varitek and Lowe buys into Schilling's method of game prep and video.

No comments:

Post a Comment