Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Grammies, Federal Funding and Bill Clinton

When I first saw this link on NRO's Corner my thought was "you got to be kidding me - $150,000 in Federal funds to the Grammies?" Then I remembered that Bill Clinton won his second Grammie on Sunday for his spoken word reading of his book. Bill Clinton did not attend the Grammies but if he did the security costs of the Secret Service would have been well above $150,000. I'm willing to give this situation the benefit of the doubt that the money was used for security, for bomb screening, for something that's explainable and acceptable.

This should be looked into but I'm thinking there's a rational explanation. If there is not then whoever added this $150,000 worth of pork should definitely be targeted by the opposition when re-election comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment