Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Not Good News

I love poker and I love TV - Janeane Garofalo is trying to ruin both for me:
Take the hot new sport of poker, add a wise-cracking female comedian and you get “All In” a new NBC comedy pilot. This sounds like it could actually be a winner for NBC. Garofalo has a ton of fans and deserves a sitcom more than some ex-Friends I can think of.
Reading the above quote leads to two questions: is poker a sport and is Garofalo really a comediene? Some people define a sport as something which makes the participants sweat and something on which fans can bet. So I guess poker is a sport by that definition. A comediene, however, is a woman who makes people laugh. I can't recall Garofalo ever being funny.

Why is NBC doing this to me? The show is losely based on Annie Duke and will be about a single mom of three who makes a living as a poker pro. Why couldn't they cast Patricia Heaton from Everybody Loves Raymond in the role?

No comments:

Post a Comment