Friday, March 04, 2005

Slice of Life - Dude Looked Like a Lady

I dawdle coming off planes. Some people jump up and into the aisle as soon as the seat belt sign comes off after landing. I sit in my seat and continue to read my book or just relax. My thinking is what's the rush? I'm just going to have to wait for my luggage at the carousel anyway. Why not take my time?

Anyway, yesterday I was the last one off my plane at TF Green Airport. I got off the plane in kinda a tired from the cross country flight, thinking about everything I have to do now fog. Even though I was in a bit of a fog I was able to read the clear signal that my body was sending me - I had to go to the bathroom.

At TF Green the Men's and Women's rooms are together with the men's room on the right and the women's room on the left. I know this without looking because I've been to the airport so many times.

I head into the restrooms veering off to the right to what I just know to be the men's room. Just then a person wearing a grey pin-striped suit-coat, a turtle neck sweater (that may or may not have been concealing breasts), slacks, long straight hair that was at least shoulder length and a face that was completely hair and stubble free comes out from the room I was about to enter. Well this person stopped me in my tracks and snapped me out of my fog.

I immediately had flashes of that Southwest Airlines commercial where the woman gets something in her contacts and walks into the wrong restroom. I literally stop in my tracks and back up a few steps to read the sign that I pray says "Men".

The dude who looked like a lady sees me do this and I just know that "he" knew exactly was was going through my mind. I thought I had walked into the women's room. In that brief nanosecond of recognition of what was going through my mind - this guy's testosterone level must of dropped to zero.

Reassured by seeing the word "Men" - I continue into the restroom amused by my little slice of life and pleased that at no point did the words "nice ass" cross my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment