Friday, April 22, 2005

Gleeman's Picks

Aaron Gleeman knows his baseball. He will be quite an addition to any sportswriting staff when the time comes. Gleeman also has a knack of picking winners gainst the spread in baseball games.

So far this year he is 21-11 for a profit of $1,100. That's damn good.

I don't think Aaron is a secret to any fan of baseball blogs out there but his betting prowess just might be. I follow his picks and only refrain from jumping on them when his picks conflict with those from Mike Ganis.

The reason I'm bring him up this afternoon is because his pick today of the Dodgers (-$127) with Jeff Weaver pitching over the Rockies has me a bit concerned.

Obviously, the Dodgers are the better team but even the Rockies and Devil Rays are dangerous at home (just ask the Rangers). Normally I love home underdogs in baseball just on principle. What really has me concerned though is the fact that Weaver (even though he is having a fine season) is a bit of a head case and he has never pitched at Coors Field. In fact - it looks like he's never faced the Rockies. How can this be?

How can a guy who pitches in the NL West manage to avoid the Rockies? He's been there more than a season already. This is just strange.

Anyway, this blog is a place for me to share my thoughts and this conundrum is what I'm thinking about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment