Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

With the success of Danika at the Indianapolis 500 - what will be the next traditionally male sport to have a woman rise to the top? Will it be the World Series of Poker? Last year Rose Ritchie was the top woman finisher at 98th. I'd bet that a woman finishes much higher than that this year. Maybe even making the final table... I wonder if Niagra Falls is technically classified as a Class VI rapids?... My favorite campaign slogan of all-time was Ronald Reagan's "Elect me and let's all forget the Carter Presidency ever existed."... Did you know that boxing and canoeing are the only two Olympic sports that exclude women?... Today's word for the day is "holoholo" which is Hawaiian for "to ramble for pleasure". Now I'm sure they mean walking but sometimes I "holoholo" with words here on this blog... Benny Binion who started the World Series of Poker was convicted of killing two men and fled justice to Las Vegas. Binion was a mob boss in Texas. You never hear mention of that from Norm Chad on the WSOP broadcasts....

No comments:

Post a Comment