Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Busy Night

Big night to get a work out with the clicker finger. I have the Red Sox / Indians on NESN, the NBA draft on ESPN and President Bush giving a speech at 8:00. Here are the miscellaneous thoughts I had while channel surfing.

NBA Commissioner David Stern wins the award for worst dressed right away. Tan slacks? What was he thinking?... I like Andrew Bogut and I'm surprised that people don't compare him to Tim Duncan. I also like Marvin Williams - they both seem like good guys. I feel a bit sorry for Williams because he has to play for Atlanta - a franchise that's worse run than the Clippers... BTW - I'm drinking Smirnoff Twisted Watermelon a very refreshing drink on a warm June night... 3-1 Indians after 2 innings... Did One-eyed Stu just say that Deron Williams has 7 tattoos but still has character? I think that's a backhanded compliment at best... Clint Eastwood's Hang Em High is on the Hallmark Channel later tonight. I just find that humorous. What's next - Death Race 2000 on the Family Channel?... Bush's people could really help out David Stern with how to dress for a big TV event. I'm wondering if that is a Carolina blue tie the President is wearing.... I think it was Napoleon who said that the inevitable result of a defensive war is surrender. We are on the offensive in the war on terror and we are winning big time. People who argue a defensive posture just don't get it... There is no historical parallel to what we are accomplishing in Iraq. Nothing even comes close... Basically our exit strategy in Iraq is to win. And that's the way it should be... Bringing patriotism back to the 4th of July. Ooh rah! Bush may be right up there with Truman as far as popularity with the troops is concerned... The NBA is up to the 11th pick and it is still 3-1 Indians in the 5th - oops make that 4-1 damn it!... Charlie Villanueva was taken 7th by the Raptors. I was hoping he would slip to the Celtics at 18. Double damn!... The Orlando Magic take the love child of Fred Gwynn and Anthony Quinn with the 11th pick... As much as I was uplifted by Bush's speech - I'm still bumming about the passing of Shelby Foote... 4-3 Indians at the end of the 5th... America Supports You - bookmark it!... The Celtics take 19-year old Gerald Green with the 18th pick. I miss the days back when you'd at least recognize the names of the players your team drafted. I know nothing about Gerald Green. It does look like a good pick - Green for the Green sure to sign for a lot of green... Sox take the lead with 5 runs in the 6th - now 8-5... Sox winning, excellent speech by Bush and it looks like the Celtics got a stud in the draft. Good night! Think I'll try my luck at online poker...

No comments:

Post a Comment