Thursday, June 02, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

New Guinea is the world's second largest island (behind Greenland). Did you know that? Glad to be of help. Did you know that the nations of Papua New Guinea and Indonesia are found on the island of New Guinea (similar to the relationship of Haiti and the Dominican Republic)?... How much would Mr. Burns have to pay you to be his prank monkey?... If I ran Oscar-Meyers - I would have a fleet of 50 Weinermobiles not just six. I would have one for every state in the Union and every year I would hold a drag racing compitition among the different Weinermobiles and the competition would be broadcast on ESPN. That is my dream... Hall of Fame broadcaster Curt Gowdy, 85, once told Esquire he'll never forget the night during the 1949 season when he went out for a cold one with manager Casey Stengel, when both were in their first year with the New York Yankees. "He ordered a draft beer and knocked it down in one gulp," Gowdy told the magazine, then described the ensuing conversation: "Jeezus, Casey, why do you drink your beer so fast?" "I drink it like that ever since the accident." "You were in an accident?" "Yeah, somebody knocked over my beer."

No comments:

Post a Comment