Friday, August 12, 2005

Friday Night TV - Red Sox and Patriots!

OK - it was a long day of work today and now I'm home, showered and about to relax. Tonight the World Champion Red Sox host the first place White Sox while the World Champion New England Patriots play in Cincinnati. This is the first time these two world champion teams have played at the same time and I intend to give my clicker a work-out trying to catch as much of the action as possible. Because I'm a geek and because I've got some catching up to do with email and some work stuff - I'll live blog some stuff as it occurs to me.

7:16 - I'm not sure if I give Manny an error on that ball hit to left. As Jerry Remy pointed out - no left-fielder plays more shallow in Fenway than Manny. It was only because he was playing so shallow that he was able to get close to the ball. Doesn't seem right to penalize him for it. I am glad that the two runs knocked in by Rowand's triple against Wells are unearned though and I should note that I have Aaron Rowand on one of my fantasy baseball teams (now I just have to see if I played him tonight).

7:26 - I did play Aaron Rowand. I guess thats good (?). Hey - whatever happened to Belinda Carlisle? Did she end up putting back on that weight she lost? She had a really beautiful face.

7:35 - Kickoff! Are you ready for some football! Heh heh - Palmer goes deep and gets picked off. Silly Palmer.

7:38 - Rohan Davey starts at QB and the White Sox score two more runs. I'm not sure what surprised me more. Let me take this opportunity to say that the Patriot offense won't miss David Patten at all.

7:54 - Bengals miss a field goal and I realize that I'm not being annoyed with Jerry Glanville's voice. I was so used to hearing his stupid voice during Patriots pre-season games I had forgotten that he took the defensive coordinator's job at Hawaii with June Jones.

8:06 - Ortiz hits a double to knock in 2 runs with 2 outs to make it 4-2 White Sox after 3. Cincinnati hits a field-goal to make it 3-0 over the Patriots. BTW - I'm drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade tonight and am about to crack my third.

8:16 - Hey I found a naked picture of Belinda Carlisle. She looks really good (not sure how old the picture is). I heard one of her songs while scanning the radio channels on the ride home from work. Adam Vinatieri ties the score at 3.

8:28 - Red Sox score a run to close to 4-3. Let me take this opportunity to say that Jon Kitna could start for half the teams in the NFL. I'm not 100% sure that the Bengals are better off with Palmer as the starter when Kitna's on the bench. Bengals score a field-goal to go ahear 6-3.

8:37 - Carl Everett hits a HR and the White Sox go ahead 5-3. I read Eric's post and it reminded me of a story my friend tells. The punch line to my friend's story is "I'd eat that." I'll let your imagination work on the rest (let me just say that my friend's story is just WRONG!).

8:46 - Jason Varitek ties the score with a 2-run HR. Buerhle had given up just 52 earned riuns in 23 starts this year. Tonight he's already given up 5. His ERA coming into the game was 2.79 but if my math is correct - after 5 innings tonight it now stands at 2.97.

8:52 - Damn! I missed a Patriot's touchdown. 10-6 Patriots.

9:10 - Ortiz puts the Red Sox up 6-5 with his 27th HR of the season.

9:30 - Vinatieri hits his third field-goal of the night and the Patriots lead 16-6. I'm playing in a poker tourneyment at 10:00 so my posts will probable fizzle out.

No comments:

Post a Comment