Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina, New Orleans and the D-Day Museum

I'm going to be traveling most of the day. If you haven't already - go over to Instapundit. He's got a list of links for organization where you can donate to help out the people in need due to the damage caused by Katrina.

I have no doubt that the American people will pour forth generosity from their hearts to help those in need. I must admit to something though. When I think of New Orleans - I don't think of Bourbon Street or Mardi Gras. I think of the D-Day Museum. A museum that was perhaps the final labor of love by my favorite historian, Stephen Ambrose.

Some of what is contained at the museum includes irreplaceable parts of our history. I haven't heard anything about the museum in the news and the link to the museum has not been working. I can only hope that the proper precautions were made. I am sure that the museum suffered damage and could also use some donations. Just keep that in mind if you could.

National D-Day Museum - 945 Magazine Street, New Orleans - LINK

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment