Friday, August 26, 2005

Lima Time



If I were to have told you before the season that come September Jose Lima would have the same number of wins as Curt Schilling but have a better ERA - you would have supposed Jose was having a terrific season. Unfortunately for Red Sox fans its not that Jose is having a great season - its that Curt Schilling is having an awful season.

Schilling gave up 6 runs in 5 innings last night to Jose and the Royals and is now 5-6 for the season with a 6.89 ERA. Jose Lima gave up 3 runs in five innings to run his record to 5-12 with a 6.43 ERA.

I'm not ready to panic on Schilling just yet but I'd be lying to you if I didn't say I was on the edge. I think the Red Sox may need to bring in Bruce Dickenson, yet THE Bruce Dickenson to help turn this around.

The Red Sox need more cowbell. Schilling really needs to explore the studio space with more cowbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment