Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Poker Tidbit

Played in a on-line tournament last night. I was playing solid but got knocked out before making it into the money.

I got knocked out on a hand where I was dealt 4-4. The flop came A-7-4 rainbow. I was in late position and the two remaining players checked to me. I bet 1/3 the pot (I wanted them to think I was stealing). I got one fold and one call. The next card was a 10. I didn't think that could help my opponent. He bet half the pot and I raised over the top by going all-in. He called (with more chips) and showed pocket 7's. His trips held up to beat my trips and I was out.

I was a bit down as you might expect. As I looked around my home office/den I spied my Bible. I picked it up and opened it to a random page seeking wisdom or solace. The page I opened to was Psalm 142 and the first words I read were:
Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low; deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stonger than I.
How perfect was that?

No comments:

Post a Comment