Monday, September 26, 2005

Don Adams Dead at 82

Actor Don Adams has died. He was probably best known for playing Maxwell Smart in the hit comedy show Get Smart. I remember Adams first for playing the voice of Tennessee Tuxedo ("Tennessee Tuxedo will not fail!") and then for Get Smart. Basically, I knew Adams from reruns.

His 1975 show, Don Adams Screen Test may have been the birth of reality TV now that I think of it. Regular people would play famous scenes from movies and the person who did the best according to a panel of judges won prizes and a bit role on a TV show or movie.

Even my kids recognize Adams unique voice because he later became the voice of Inspector Gadget.

EDIT: Found this tidbit via Instapundit.

I knew that Mel Brooks and Buck Henry wrote the pilot to Get Smart but I never knew that Adams was a Marine who served on Guadalcanal.

No comments:

Post a Comment