Saturday, September 10, 2005

Football Picks

Here are my picks for this weekend's football action.

College Football:

Minnesota (-13) over Colorado State - CSU shot their load last week in a tough 31-28 loss to in-state rival Colorado. The Gophers are faster, playing at home and just plain better.

Ohio State (-1) over Texas - home game for the Buckeyes and played at night. THE OSU is always tough at home, especially for out-of-conference foes. Give the point and take the Buckeyes.

Early this week, I really liked Notre Dame because the way they handled Pitt but now that Pitt is 0-2 - I'm placing less weight on that Irish victory. If you placed a nug to my head I'd take the Irish and the 7 points but as it is - I think I'll just root for Charlie Weiss and the Irish to beat the Wolverines (do you think Charlie gets a call from Michgan alumni Tom Brady after the game?).

I have a policy of not betting against the teams I root for but that obviously doesn't apply to you. Boston College is favored by 28 against Army today. I think BC rolls against Army but I don't see Annapolis grad and BC Coach O'Brien running up the score against a service academy. He has too much respect for the institution and too much class to do that.

It should be noted that Mike Ganis has a "Super Best Bet" today:
SBB – SMU* (+16) over TCU
I don't know anything abut this game but I do know you're crazy not to hop on something when Mike says its a "Super Best Bet". Take or leave my advice as you will but jump on this SBB (I know I am).

No comments:

Post a Comment