Tuesday, September 06, 2005

FSU vs. Miami, ABC's Coverage and Jeb Bush

I caught a little over a quarter of last night's game and I've got a few things to get off my chest:

1. Both teams looked bad. "Over-rated" is the term that comes to mind for both teams. If USC played either team next week - USC would win something like 75-0.

2. Florida Governor Jeb Bush was on after half-time and he didn't exactly cover himself in glory. He mentioned that people had canisters for Red Cross donations to help the victims of Katrina and Jeb said that he too had thrown in $20. Really? 20 whole dollars? Well I guess they can stop collecting money now [sarcasm off]. He also then said that because he's in his second term he can now freely state that he's a 'Caines fan and to heck with FSU. Not his finest moment.

3. ABC's broadcast team is just plain awful. Brent Musberger and Gary Danielson were ear bleedingly bad and I couldn't help but think that Jack Arute looks just like Tom Arnold. Time for ABC to bring in some fresh blood for these games. BTW - my spell check wants me to replace Musberger with either "misfires" or "mispercieves". Even my spell check doesn't like Burnt Cheeseburger.

4. One thing Jeb Bush said chilled me. He mentioned that we aren't even at the peak of hurricane season. That's a scary thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment