Tuesday, September 13, 2005

More Baseball Flotsam and Jetsam

More miscellaneous baseball thoughts and observations.

- Not sure about all Red Sox fans but the three man playoff rotation I'd like to see is Curt Schilling, David Wells and Tim Wakefield. Matt Clement just scares me and Bronson Arroyo really helps the bullpen.

- I fucking hate Barry Bonds.

- Albert Pujols has to be the most famous person to ever attend Maple Woods Community College.

- For the people on the Dontrelle Willis for Cy Young bandwagon - please note that Chris Carpenter has as many wins and complete games as Willis and trails in shutouts by one. Carpenter on the other hand, leads Willis in innings, strikeouts, K/BB ratio, baserunners per 9 IP and ERA. Somebody will have to explain to me how Willis gets more "Win Shares" than Carpenter. Seriously - I don't get that and this is an example of why I don't trust Win Shares as a measuring stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment