Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations from out in Los Angeles.

Jennifer Anniston topless sunbathing pics! (I'm really amused that these photos are on a site called "Save Manny")... I went to the Patriots game on Sunday and I'm still trying to figure out how the refs could call intentional grounding and roughing the passer on the same play... John Olerud has decided to retire. I'm happy for Olerud. He's long said he wanted to spend more time with his family and now he gets the chance. The two words that define Olerud are "nice" and "class". If he was also defined by the words "power hitter" - he'd be a Hall of Famer. I'm feeling guilty about my feelings about Olerud retiring because I'm also happy that his retiring takes away the possibility that the Red Sox would bring him back for 2006... I don't think Vince Young deserves the Heisman mainly because of his 10 interceptions. His passing doesn't measure up to Brady Quinn and if the cost of his running ability is so many turnovers - then that has to be considered. I'd like to see Reggie Bush or Brady Quinn win the Heisman (although you'd have to be on crack to think it will be someone other than Bush or Young that gets the award)... I never realized that Joe DiMaggio's number his rookie year was 9... Juan Pierre going to the Cubs means that the only real potential landing sites for Johnny Damon are the Yankees and Red Sox (because of need and contract size). For some reason - I think Steinbrenner is very anti-Damon and I think the feeling is mutual on Damon's part. This has the makings of the Red Sox bidding against themselves just like last year with Jason Varitek... This morning on ESPN, I heard a rumor of a three way trade between the Braves, Red Sox and Devil Rays where the Braves would be trading for Edgar Renteria. Why would the Braves give up a major prospect and take on Renteria's contract when they could sign Nomar Garciappara for less money and cost them just a draft pick? Some of these rumors make no sense... Tom Zbikowski of Notre Dame should have at east made the second team All-America squad at DB in SI's picks...

No comments:

Post a Comment