Friday, April 21, 2006

Illegal Immigration

California Yankee talks about the recent crackdown on IFCO Systems. I must say I agree 100% with this sentiment:
A number of bloggers are calling this crackdown nothing more than a politically motivated attempt to salvage the President's guest worker proposal. I'm happy to see illegal aliens and their law breaking employers arrested, even if it is politically motivated.
I have long believed that what was needed to resolve the illegal immigration issue is not new laws but simply the resources to enforce the laws on the books. I have to provide proof of citizenship when I take a new job - so should everyone. Go after the employers who do not get proper documentation and fine them accordingly. That would be a huge first step in solving the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment