Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Martin Short - the Rant

Let me say for the record that Martin Short is not funny. Never has been. Never will be.

I don't understand why he's even somewhat famous. He's in Toronto doing a show called Fame Becomes Me. I don't get it. Why would people pay good money to buy tickets to see this crap?

Short is supposedly "known" for his Jiminy Glick, Ed Grimley and Jackie Rogers Jr. characters. Thing is - all of those characters are terribly annoying to the Nth degree.

I mean if you look at his body of work - the only thing that was close to half decent in which he had a major role was Innerspace.

My guess that Short became "famous" because he got into Second City which got him into Saturday Night Live. And from there his friends just took care of him by giving him roles. I'm also guessing that he originally got into Second City because he was acting like a goofball at a party where all the other Second City actors were blasted out of their minds. They remembered him as funny because they couldn't really remember anything.

Maybe I'm wrong about Martin Short being the polar opposite of funny. But i don't think I'm wrong on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment