Monday, July 10, 2006

My Nightmare

Last night I had a full blown nightmare. Complete with the sudden waking and the pounding of the heart.

I dreamt that I was working for the X-Files and I was sent with my partner Scully to investigate some mutated bees / wasps that would swarm and attack a victim by the thousands. However, instead of injecting venom through their stingers - these wasps would inject a larvae into the victim. These larvae would then proceed to eat the victim alive. (Can you think of a worse way to die?)

While in the field investigating these swarms I found myself the next intended victim of the bees but I managed to make it back to my car safely. I also managed to catch one of the mutant bees which I placed in a jar and I high-tailed it back to HQ to have the bee analyzed.

The lab guy (played in the dream by Randy Johnson) was pretty cavalier with the sample bee which he put into a plastic baggie while still alive. The bee by now not only had a stinger but also lobster-like pincher claws and had grown five-times in size. Of course it got free and tried to attack me while the swarm of the rest of the bees tried to get in the windows of the lab. (This is where I woke up.)

In real-life I'm not afraid of bees (or getting pinched by lobster claws for that matter) but trust me - this dream was pretty scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment