Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Air America Bankrupt?

News is that Air America will file for bankruptcy on Friday. My first thought was whether the New York Boy's and Girl's Clubs will ever get their money back now. It seems that bankruptcy would be the way to shield the current organization from having to repay the money that was embezzled and that paid Al Franken's salary in the first place.

My second thought was who needs Air America anyway when you already have tax payer supported NPR.

It was funny to read the comments to the above link. A bunch of people were calling for Soros or some gazillionaire to step up and fund the money losing Air America. I don't think they understand how businesses actual work in the real world. I suppose I should give them credit for at least not saying that the government should foot the bill. I guess that's a step in the right direction.

Hat Tip NRO's Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment