Friday, September 29, 2006

Odds to win 2006 World Series Championship

Here are the latest odds to win the 2006 World Series:

New York Yankees 3/2
New York Mets 4/1
Detroit Tigers 5/1
Minnesota Twins 5/1
Oakland Athletics 7/1
San Diego Padres 10/1
St Louis Cardinals 10/1
Los Angeles Dodgers 12/1
Philadelphia Phillies 19/1
Field (Any Other Team) 28/1

Is there a bigger loser bet than taking the field? I mean the only two teams that could possibly qualify are the Astros and the Reds. I would have liked to see what the odds were on the Mets prior to the news that Pedro Martinez was going to be out for the post season. Keep in mind that the low odds on the Mets is also a function of all the New York money that is historically bet on the Mets (which drives the odds down).

I think the Dodgers are the best value bet here but what do I know - two months ago I was convinced that either the White Sox or Red Sox were locks to win it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment