Monday, September 04, 2006

Steve Irwin

By now you've no doubt heard that "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin was killed in a freak accident involving a him catching the barb of a sting ray to the heart. News of Irwin's death came as a shock and it seems everyone is talking about it. I go to the super market and people are talking about Irwin on the radio. I go into the super market and CNN is talking about Irwin on the TV. At home my daughters are IMing their friends. The topic? How sad they are about Steve Irwin dying.

I like to think that Steve Irwin was one of those rare celebrities who were exactly like what they appeared as on TV. I feel awful for his wife and kids. And I hope that the video footage of his death is never aired anywhere. His kids deserve better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment