Saturday, October 14, 2006

Michael Monsoor

When I read this story I immediately thought of two quotes (while having chills). The first quote was:
Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for another.
Navy Seal Monsoor certainly showed no greater love for his comrades on September 29th. The second quote I immediately thought of was:
Where do we find such men?
I'm sure that Petty Officer 2nd Class Monsoor had no time to think about his actions. I'm sure that what he did was a reaction - a reflex. But I'd bet that if Michael Monsoor was given the opportunity that he'd do it again without hesitation. Where do we find such men?

My thoughts and condolences go out to the family of hero Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael A. Monsoor.

EDIT: Large Bill notes that the Medal of Honor was created to recognize men such as Michael Monsoor

No comments:

Post a Comment