Saturday, October 21, 2006

Tigers vs Cardinals

In theory I should be rooting for the Tigers to win the World Series because they are the American League representative and I'm an American League guy. Well I am rooting for the Tigers but that's not the reason.

I'm rooting for the Tigers because I don't want Jeff Suppan to get a World Series ring. Is that petty and bitter on my part? You bet! Still doesn't change my feelings on the matter.

The Red Sox traded for Jeff Suppan in 2003. He was going to be that missing ingredient to help lead them to post season success. In order to obtain Suppan the Red Sox gave up the very popular Freddy Sanchez who by the way won the National League batting title this year. Meanwhile Suppan went just 3-4 with a 4.71 ERA for the Red Sox and was such a non-factor that he was left off the post-season roster. Now he's winning NLCS MVP awards? No way do I want the man who cost us Freddy Sanchez to win the World Series. Petty and bitter yes - but I don't care.

BTW - if you are interested - the Tigers are a huge favorite to win the World Series. Currently the odds are Tigers -$235 and Cardinals +$195 (meaning you would have to risk $235 to win $100 on the Tigers or risk just $100 to win $195 on the Cardinals).

No comments:

Post a Comment