Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Midterm Elections

I'll be honest and say that I'm glad the midterm elections are finally over. I do like to talk about political matters here but honestly I can't see how anyone got too worked up over this election cycle.

I'm a firm believer in "vote for the person - not the party." If the Republicans complain about losing the House and possibly losing the Senate - the answer is easy - next time run better candidates.

There just didn't seem to be any candidates on either side to be passionate about this time around. Maybe Lynn Swann, maybe Michael Steele or maybe Rick Santorum (for the true Republican believers) could float your boat but for me only Swann and Steele held any appeal and that was more curiosity than anything.

Locally, there were 13 offices on my ballot and I left 7 of them blank because the choice was a Democrat running unopposed and I felt the person running didn't earn my vote. I did vote for Joe Early Jr. for District Attorney because he's a friend and will do a great job and I did vote for Tim Murray. Let me make that clear. I did not vote for Deval Patrick - I voted for Tim Murray. Patrick could turn out to be the devil for all I care (and my spellcheck does want to replace the word "Deval" with the word "devil") - I just needed a clear conscience so that the next time I see Tim I can honestly say that I voted for him (as I have for every election he's been on the ballot).

One final note - when it came to US Senate from Massachusetts - I wrote in Mitt Romney to fufill a promise I made to a friend who was accidently disenfranchised in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment