Monday, March 12, 2007

Mike Freeman Interview

The Big Lead has a very interesting interview with sports journalist Mike Freeman. The interview covers the gambit of work ethics of sports writers, the Internet being the death knell of big time sports sections, myopia at ESPN and a host of other subjects including Brady Quinn:
As for Brady Quinn, he is by far the most overrated quarterback prospect in perhaps the last 10 to 15 years. I cannot believe the nonsense some in the media say about the guy. I’ve seen most of his big games and he is just not very impressive against better competition. A lot of NFL writers are in love with his size and his whiteness. I look at him and see Kerry Collins. Not a bad player but both possess what one scout called “shrinking violet syndrome.” In big games, Quinn was non-existent. He never led his team to a huge win against a formidable opponent. If I was an NFL team, that would scare me. But then again what do I know. I love the show “Cold Pizza.”
I would counter that the come-back win at Michigan State in the driving rain was a big-time win but I would also concede that everyone knew LSU was going to rip ND and Brady Quinn in the Sugar Bowl this year. Damn you Mike Freeman - now every time I see Brady Quinn the thought of Kerry Collins will pop in my head (although a Kerry Collins who could handle his drinks wouldn't have been a bad first round pick).

No comments:

Post a Comment