Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Two Questions

I have two questions that came up recently and I thought I'd ask them to the readers here.

On Friday night it came up in discussion about retiring player numbers in college basketball. My fried Brian was adamant that it is prohibited in college basketball (and football too according to Brian) to retire a player's number. I had never heard this before and though I'd love to take what Brian says at face value - I'd love to hear a confirmation (or refutation) from the readers here.

Secondly - there's been a debate going for some time among some of my friends. My friend Tim told us that US Postal trucks cannot go in reverse because of liability issues. We even confirmed this with a mailman doing his route. However, another friend is a supervisor at the Post Office and he says he never heard of such a thing. Does anyone have the definitive answer - can mail truck go in reverse? (I know that physically they can - the question is whether the driver is allowed to).

Thanks in advance. I know I could Google the answers but I thought this could be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment