Monday, May 07, 2007

Five Things I Think I Think About Today's MMQB

Here are five things I think I think about today's Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback column.

1. Peter King touts Bodog.com for their Super Bowl odds but I guaranty you at some point in the next six months he will rail against the evils of sports betting.King won't even notice the hypocrisy.

2. I have to agree with King in that if Michael Vick is found to be in any way involved in the dog fighting ring that was taking place on his property - then he should face a serious suspension. I'd even say a year suspension would be fitting punishment. Not only is the practice barbarous but the people involved in the "sport" are the very people that Vick with his track record should be avoiding like the plague.

3. Sanctimonious people who live in fantasy lands get my goat. Take this quote from King:
Maybe it's me, but I'd think the troopers in my adopted state would not inch one mph over the speed limit with the governor aboard, unless there's some sort of emergency.
Do you remember the Georgia Tech students who basically shut down the Atlanta highways by simply going three-abreast in cars doing the speed limit? Have you ever seen the traffic back up behind a single state trooper doing the speed limit with everyone afraid to pass him? King must drive like an old lady and him thinking that the state troopers in his home state obey every law is like me thinking that I'm actually seven feet tall and a projected first round pick in the upcoming NBA draft.

4. I think him stating with such certainty that Marshawn Lynch will be the Offensive Rookie of the Year makes me wish there was a place I could go to bet against that happening. When is the last time any one of King's predictions have come true? This was the same guy who picked the Vikings for the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.

5. Again - what is the color of the sky in your world?
I want to say this with all due respect, because I'm an animal lover. But I wish there would be as much hand-wringing over the 3,376 American fatalities in Iraq than there is over the death of Barbaro.
The suggestion that more attention has been paid to the injury of Barbaro than to the war in Iraq and the US casualties is just plain moronic (which I guess is par for the course for King whenever he writes about anything non-NFL related).

No comments:

Post a Comment