Sunday, May 06, 2007

Global Warming or God's Plan

I was at church today and one thing that caught my interest was a reading from Revelation - especially this line:
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
No more sea? Now it all fits together. Don't you see? In order to have God's Kingdom on Earth - first God must do away with the seas. And how would God do this? Well I guess the first step would be to raise the temperature a bit so that the polar ice caps would melt and then the higher temperatures would gradually evaporate the seas - leaving only land. The land for the Kingdom of Heaven.

Once the realization of what the passage meant hit me - my first thought was, "Who does Al Gore think he is to try and interfere with God's plan?" Maybe (as I suspected all along) Al Gore is an instrument of the Devil.

Of course I could be wrong about the interpretation of the Bible verse and the "no more seas" could represent freedom from conflicting passions. As if to say - once the Kingdom of Heaven is on Earth people no longer will be surrounded by seas of emotions but only steeped in love.

I guess you could read it either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment